Hey everyone! It’s Morgan again and I’m back with another cosplay makeup tutorial! Today I decided to show you how I do my Ryuko Matoi makeup!
Kill La Kill has been one of the most fun animes I’ve watched in a long time! The trick to Ryuko’s makeup is bold brows and sharp features.
Products used (as always this is just what I used, feel free to use whatever you have!) :
- Revolution Pro Full Cover Camouflage Foundation – shade F3
- Revolution Ghost Finish powder
- Nyx Love Contours All Palette – shades 1 (light cream), 5 (light pink) and 12 (cool toned brown)
- Barry M Make Me Blush Cream – Shade Raspberry Charlotte
- LimeCrime Hi-Lite palette in Mermaids – shade Pearl
- Snazaroo face paint – black
- Miss Beauty liquid liner
- Barry M Showgirl mascara
- Nyx Gotcha Covered concealer – shade light
- Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Milk
- I started with a clean moisturised face and popped in my blue contacts.
- I applied the Revolution Pro Full Cover Camouflage Foundation in F3 with an oval brush and then set this with the Revolution Ghost Finish powder and a fluffy brush.
- Ryuko has very sharp features so I did a lot of contouring for this look.
- I used the cool brown shade in the NYX Love Contours All palette.
- I contoured along my cheekbones, jaw, nose and forehead, making sure to blend everything in so there are no sharp lines.
- I didn’t want this look to be as girly as some of my others so I used less blush and a more yellow toned highlight.
- I used a small amount of the Barry M Make Me Blush cream on my cheeks and the Pearl shade from the Limecrime Hi-Lite mermaids palette.
- Possibly the most important part of Ryuko’s makeup is her brows.
- Kill La Kill is not known for subtlety so don’t be afraid to be bold!
- I used black Snazaroo facepaint and a thin paint brush to draw the brows on, painting more hair like strokes towards the centre.
- You’re going to look ridiculous until the wig is on but don’t worry!
- I used the Nyx Gotcha Covered concealer to clean up the edges of the brows.
- Ryuko doesn’t wear much eyeshadow so I used a light pink on my lid and highlighted my brow bone with the light cream colour.
- Another important part of Ryuko’s makeup is her eyeliner.
- I used the Nyx Jumbo pencil in Milk to line my waterline and open up my eyes.
- Then, using the Miss Beauty liquid liner and a reference image I followed the shape of her eyes.
- To do this I extended the bottom lash line down under the white liner and created a small flick at the outer corner and created a heavy top lash line.
- After this I used the Barry M showgirl mascara on my lashes!
- Ryuko’s lips are pretty non-existent so I dabbed some concealer over my lips.
- Then I patted a tiny bit of the blush cream on the inside of my lips to add a little colour!
Now grab your costume, wig and scissor blade and you’re all set!
Thanks again for reading guys! Happy makeup-ing and don’t lose your way!
Blessed be ~