Hi guys! It’s Morgan here and I’m passionate about showing people that awesome makeup can be simple and affordable! Today I’m doing a really simple Harley makeup tutorial.
I based it on her more classical looks rather than Suicide Squad but I might give that a go in future! Anyway moving onto the tutorial!
Products Used (these are just what I used, feel free to use whatever works for you or what you already have!):
- Snazaroo water based paints in White and Black – £3.99 each
- Nyx Love Contours All palette (shades 11, an icy highlight, and 12, a cool toned brown) – between £10 and £18 depending where you buy from
- Revolution Ghost Finish Baking Powder (you can replace this for talc!) – £5
- Barry M Make Me Blush Cream (shade Raspberry Charlotte) – between £3 and £4
- Morphe 35C palette (Black for eyeshadow and light brown for eyebrows) – discontinued but 35B has similar shades – £23 for 35 shades!
- Miss Beauty liquid liner (my fave eyeliner and it’s from the poundshop!) – £1!!!
- Barry M Showgirl mascara – £4.99
- Revolution Dragons Dare lipstick (shade Dragons Blood) – £4
- Start with a makeup-free moisturised face.
- I popped my contacts in now just because my eyes are very watery so this gave them a chance to calm down!
- Spray your Snazaroo white face paint with some water and use a sponge to apply to the face.
- Apply by dabbing, not dragging, the sponge around the face.
- Create a thin layer of white paint, don’t worry if it looks patchy for now!
- Take the Ghost Finish powder (or talc) and a fluffy brush and apply liberally to the face.
- Start by patting the powder to the paint and then brush off any excess lightly.
- Top tip: after this stage I like to spray my face with a fine mist of hairspray to create a barrier over the paint and stop it from cracking.
- Time to contour! Take an angled brush and shade 12 from the Love Contours All palette.
- Lightly run the brush under your cheekbones, if this gets too dark brush over some more white powder to tone it down.
- I add blush and highlight to pretty much every look I do, feel free to skip if this isn’t your cup of tea!
- I used the Make Me Blush cream and a blush brush just above my contour and on the tip of my nose.
- For highlight, I used a fan brush and shade 11 from the Love Contours all palette to highlight the top of the cheekbones. You won’t notice much colour difference but I love adding a little shimmer!
- We all know Harley isn’t a natural blonde, so I chose a light brown shade to fill my brows.
- Top tip: I spray my eyebrow brush with setting spray before using it to create stronger lines.
- Start with a harsh line on the bottom and top of the brows and fill in with gentle hair like strokes, especially towards the nose.
- Now for the eyeshadow! Use a dense packing brush and the darkest black from the Morphe 35C palette.
- Pack this onto your lid, don’t worry about it being messy, we’re gonna blend it out in a minute.
- Try to keep it to your lid as much as possible, try not to go past the crease.
- Use a fluffy brush to blend the crease and make the lines less harsh.
- I also blended a little black under the eye using the same brush I used to pack the colour on previously.
- As for the eyeliner, create a wing by following the angle of your bottom lash line.
- Flick this out a little and join it to your top lash line.
- Don’t worry if its not perfect, black eyeshadow can hide a million sins!
- Apply mascara and your eyes are done!
- Take the black Snazaroo paint and a lip brush.
- Spray the paint with a little water and outline your lips with the black.
- This will look very silly at first but I promise it’ll look great in a second!!
- Take the Dragons Blood lipstick and apply to the lips.
- When applying, focus on blending the black into the red.
- This should create a smooth gradient!
- Pop on your wig and costume and we’re all done!
Thank you so much for reading and happy makeup-ing!
Blessed be 💖